| Our Service
|The California Region
In and Near California
Below is just a partial listing of some of the
activities and other experiences that await you
in California the rest of the West.
- Shoot river rapids on raft or kayak.
- Go mountain and rock climbing.
- Mountain bike trails of all levels in a plethora
of different settings.
- Go offroading by ATV or dune buggy.
- Play in the air by going sky diving. bungee
jumping, parasailing, or hang gliding.
- Tour wild scenic rivers aboard a high-powered
- "Flightsee". See the West's diverse scenery
from the air by plane, helicopter, glider or
hot air balloon.
- Pitch a tent or park an RV in an incredibly
scenic mountain, coastal or desert setting.
- Hike or trek with pack animals into the backcountry.
- Explore the unique silent beauty of the mountains
in winter by Telemark (cross-country skis).
- Visit Hearst Castle, one of California's unique
tributes to excess.
- Sightsee San Francisco highlights like Alcatraz,
Chinatown, the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street
and Fisherman's Wharf.
- Ride horses through the redwoods, along the
beach, or up soaring mountain trails.
- Get a clear perspective on underwater life
from the comfort of a glass-bottomed boat.
- Drive the many beautiful scenic byways that
traverse the diverse environments of California
and the rest of the West.
- Journey smooth river waters by canoe, kayak
- Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Sign,
Rodeo Drive, the "homes of the stars". can you
say you've seen these yet?
- Take and overnight to the Channel Islands
on a privately skippered yacht.
- Bundle up the kids and build a snowman before
taking a trip on a snow cat.
- Tour the countryside in style, behind a steam-powered
- Peddle your touring bike along miles of scenic
- Fish rivers and streams for salmon, trout
- Waterski under a clear desert sky.
- Sip cocoa and schnapps by the fire after a
day of carving your way through fresh powder
on the ski slopes.
- Fish for tuna, yellowtail, dorado, king salmon,
rockfish and a variety of other game species
off the coast.
- Learn to surf with quintessentially Californian
- Take to the waves on a jet ski or try your
hand at wind or kite surfing.
- SCUBA dive or snorkel among the myriad inhabitants
of giant kelp forests.
- Fish mountain lakes for bass, trout, or mackinaw.
- Test your handicap over 18 holes in a variety
of settings from spectacular links courses to
remote Sierra fairways and balmy desert resorts.
- Go snowmobiling.
- Pan for gold in streams where old-timers still
run active claims.
- Discover the natural wonders for which the
West is famous, including the Redwoods, Grand
Canyon, Yosemite, Sequoia, Monterey Bay, and
Death Valley, just to name a few.
- Enjoy the coastal wildlife up-close from your
- Get into the history of the Gold Rush, Spanish
Missionaries, Native Americans or the Old West.
Sit in on the filming of your favorite television
show at a Hollywood studio.
- Learn the ropes at a working ranch.
- Experience a bountiful array of wildlife,
including black bear, elk, bald eagles, sea
otters, elephant seals, several species of whale
and dolphin, and hundreds of species of birds.
- Tour vineyards and sample wine from a wonderful
variety of growing regions, from foggy coastal
mountains a to sunny inland valleys.
- Spend days exploring boutiques, art galleries,
botanical gardens, museums and antique shops.
- Spend relaxing days and nights houseboating
on mountain or desert lakes.
- Pamper yourself with massage, mineral or mud
baths and other delights at a wine country spa,
coastal resort or mountain retreat.
- Enjoy a variety of culinary delights born
from the influence of immigrants from around
the world who have arrived in California over
the generations to form our uniquely diverse
- Simply lay the towel out, apply some sunscreen
and let the warm sand, sun and the sound of
the surf wash away the strains of the working
- Escape to a remote mountain retreat, a desert
oasis or a coastal spa resort.
- Soar silently over coastal dunes or inland
vineyards suspended beneath a hot air balloon.
Follow the flight up with hors d'oeuvres and
- Enjoy gourmet barbecue while your skipper
sails you along the coastline and California
sea otters dine on local shellfish.
- Sip cocktails with companions while cruising
the waters of the San Francisco Bay or a crystal
clear mountain lake.
- Dive into the local scene at a county fair
or culture festival.
- Chance your luck at the tables, slots or sports
book before hitting a top-notch production show
on the Strip.
- Discover heady flavors in the myriad brewpubs
of the Pacific Northwest.
- Spend an exciting evening at one of our local
sporting venues. The West has some of the best
baseball stadiums in the country and several
football and basketball venues. We also host
many of the top-notch touring events like auto
racing, golf and of course, the rodeo!
- Spend the day at Disneyland, Universal Studios,
the San Diego Zoo or one of several other amusement
parks for which Southern California is famous.